Throughout this year, as we accompanied our buyers through many homes to find just the right one for them, our eyes couldn’t stop staring at some of the beautiful design features that kept popping up. We wanted to share with you the top 5 most popular home design trends this year featured in homes throughout Sarasota & Lakewood Ranch, Florida!
- All White Minimalist Interiors – Crisp, clean lines paired with natural, warm textures. Imagine a blank canvas with pops of organic color. Think wood tile floors or walls accents, ocean photographs and lots of plants. Which brings us to the next one on the list…
- Indoor Greenery – Bring the outdoors inside with beautiful vine plants and medium sized fiddle leaf fig trees. Decorate with plants. Be sure to find ones that are in season and easy to maintain inside. You can find reasonable large pots at your local nursery or in big box stores, like Target.
- Navy Blue Cabinets – While white is trending for the overall appearance of the house. A cool navy blue hue is taking over. You’ll find this most commonly in the cabinetry department, whether it is a center island or the kitchen or bath cabinets painted navy. If painted cabinetry is not for you, try using this color as an accent wall in your favorite space.
- Acrylic Decor – Clear photo frames and coffee/accent tables are here to say minimalist is chic and cool. Compliment these tables with a natural seagrass tote basket with a spillover plant.
- Farmhouse Style – This is the country-chic style that Chip and Joanna Gaines made uber popular with the HGTV show Fixer Upper. Style combines rustic, romantic and industrial all into one. Using monochromatic color schemes and mixing and matching materials. Don’t forget the ever popular farm slider door to separate two larger spaces. Visit Pinterest for all your farmhouse inspiration.